Sponsored By: Skills Active
This Years Recipient: Jeffrey Hill
The Shotlisted Nominees were:
- Amanda Pick
- Rekha Bassi
- Jeffrey Hill
Judging Panel Convenor: Lesli Godfrey
The Judging Panel:
- John McKendrick
- Keeks McGarry
- Magda Gay
- Margaret Deevy
This award is to be given to an individual who has made a significant contribution to the play and playwork sector but who does not fit in to any other award category. This could be a recent contribution, one that has been ongoing for a while or one that is historical. This is not a lifetime achievement award but an award for what could be a single significant piece of work or project or something that has been happening over a long period of time.
What the judges are looking for:
- How wide has been the geographical spread of this persons work?
- In what way has this person had an impact on quality of, and access to, play opportunities, improvement of playwork practice, understanding of the importance of play?
- Where has this had the biggest impact on a number of individuals from any of these categories – children, play workers, families, other professionals working with children, the general public, MPs and peers?
- Please state how this person has made a significant impact on the attitudes and behaviour of those involved in play and playwork regarding the inclusion of all children and families – ie disabled children and those from ethnically, culturally and socially diverse backgrounds
- How has this persons contribution been long-lasting and or made a sustainable impact