Best Website for Playworkers
Sponsored by TBC
JUDGING PANEL CONVENOR: SUZANNA LAW (UK)
- Jill Wood (USA)
- Justine Walsh (Australia)
- Kathy Wong (Hong Kong)
- Megan Dickerson (USA)
This new award recognizes that much of what we learn comes from trawling the internet. Playworkers need to be able to access current, relevant and reliable data that helps them make sense of the work they are doing and gives them the resources and information they need. The borderless character of the internet is reflected in the international panel of judges for this award. Once a shortlist has been confirmed by the judges the award will be decided by an open vote.
What the judges are looking for:
- Focus on Playwork: Is the website upholding the Playwork Principles? Do they have a respectful attitude towards the child and their abilities? Are they clear on their messaging about what playwork is?
- Playwork Information: Are there resources freely available? Is there a variety of both old and new resources? Is the website able to support a variety of different settings, backgrounds and cultures?
- Functionality: Does it seem like the website has been updated regularly? Do the links on the website work? Is it easy to navigate and find out more about playwork?
- Connectivity: Are there contact details available to reach out to the website owners? Is there a possibility of connecting with other playworkers through this site? Can playwork enthusiasts find more information about other projects through this website?
Click here to download the nomination form.