Frontline Playwork Award
Sponsored by: OOSA (Out of School Alliance)
- Gwealan Tops Adventure Playground
- Play Gloucestershire
- Smartkidz Play and Learn at Girton
JUDGING PANEL CONVENOR: JOAN BEATTIE
- Kirsty Wilson
- Nathan MacGillivray
- Martin King – Sheard
We are looking for somewhere where brilliant, awesome playwork takes place. This is about direct provision with children and young people. It is not for a headquarter organization nor for a group of settings. It is for one specific playwork setting. It could be any sort of provision whether based in a building or not. The judgment will not be based on numbers of participants nor on the amount of time that it delivers. But it has to be a regular and not a ‘one-off’ provision.
What the judges are looking for:
- How does the provision demonstrate its commitment to the playwork principles?
- What evidence can you give that what it does is playwork?
- What does it offer that is above and beyond what would normally be expected in a playwork provision: what is it that sets it above the norm – that makes it brilliant and awesome?
- What are the training and qualifications of staff?
- How does the promotion of the playwork ethos and principles to the wider community take place?
- In what ways does it support inclusion of ALL children and their families?