Sponsored By: Unite The Union
This years recipient: Stevenage Borough Council Play Service
The Shortlisted Nominees were:
- The Playwork Team, Early Years And Childcare Service, Surrey County Council
- Collaboration of Friends and the Staff Team of Sycamore Adventure
- The Gap Club Ltd – Senior Leadership Team
- Stevenage Borough Council Play Service
Judging Panel Convenor: Anita Grant
The Judging Panel:
- Bob Hughes
- Guy Lawrence
- Lisa Matthew
This award is for a team or an individual [such as local authority teams, trustee groups, headquarter organisations, second tier organisations and the individuals involved in these] that contributes to the sustainability and understanding of free play by helping others to provide excellent playwork. We want to recognise the hard work of those organisations and committed people who have facilitated the work of others and thereby made a real difference to children.
What the judges are looking for:
- Examples of the difference made to frontline staff/providers through your work
- Examples of the areas of good practice in playwork that result from your work
- What is the particular approach that you have that makes you unique?
- How do you or your team promote communication, trust, co-operation and respect for difference?