Playwork in Other Contexts
Sponsored by: TBC
JUDGING PANEL CONVENOR: ARCHIE MORRELL
- Dan Rees Jones – Play Development Officer (Bristol Scrapstore), Bristol
- Janine Brady – Former Head of Service (Islington Children’s and Young Peoples Service), Lincolnshire
- Laurence Salvietto – Former Senior Playworker (Islington Children’s and Young Peoples Service), Melbourne
- Rachel Murray – Play Coordinator (Blue Coat Primary, last year’s recipient) Gloucestershire
- Rebecca Pryce – Director of Play (Awesome CIC), Islington
This award is looking for examples of how the playwork approach is being used in non playwork or unconventional contexts; where children’s play, for its own sake, may not be the primary purpose. This could be doing playwork within school provision, in break time or as part of the curriculum; using playwork approaches in education or learning; for creative work within communities; prison visits; hospitals or other childcare; as a mechanism for accessing funding or any other aspect where playwork is the medium and not the context.
It is also about advocating for playwork; keeping the playwork flag flying as regular funding streams dry up and finding new ways to deliver a playwork service.
What the judges are looking for:
- How this is innovative, what makes it stand out?
- What messages about playwork is it giving and to who?
- How this is still playwork
- What makes this a good project? Is there a measurable impact e.g. before and after comparison?
Click here to complete your nomination form.