Paul Bonel Special Mention Award
Sponsored by: Play England
The Shortlist is here!
JUDGING PANEL CONVENOR: LESLI GODFREY
- John McKendrick
- Keeks McGarry
- Magda Gay
- Margaret Deevy
This award is to be given to a living individual who has made a contribution of significant impact to the play and playwork sector but who does not fit in to any other award category. This could be a recent contribution or one that has been ongoing for a while.
This is not a lifetime achievement award but an award for what could be a single significant piece of work or project or something that has been happening over a long period of time. It could be local, regional, national or international. The award will be given for quality of impact rather than scale.
What the judges are looking for:
- Explain how this person is having an impact on the quality of, and access to
- play opportunities,
- improvement of playwork practice,
- understanding of the importance of play?
- Describe how this person’s contribution is making the greatest impact:- children, play workers, families, other professionals working with children, the general public, MPs, peers…
- State how this person is making a significant impact on the attitudes and behaviour of those involved in play and playwork regarding the inclusion of all children and families – ie disabled children and those from ethnically, culturally and socially diverse backgrounds
- State how has this person’s contribution is long-lasting and / or making a sustainable impact.